What should i do if i am being harassed by debt collectors while trying to repair my credit?

If you think a debt collector is harassing you, you can file a complaint with the CFPB online or by calling (85) 411-CFPB (237). You can also contact your state's attorney general. Yes, you can challenge any aspect of the alleged debt, orally or in writing and at any time. In addition, if you dispute the debt and the collector reports it to the credit reporting agencies, they must include the debt as “disputed” in their credit reports.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *